Open enrollment for the Affordable Care Act is November 1 to December 15th for a January 1st effective date.
You may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period, if one of the following pertains to your situation:
The following circumstances are available throughout the year (Qualifying Life Events):
• You involuntarily lost minimum essential coverage that was not provided through an employer.
• You lost coverage at your place of employment (or your spouse's place of employment).
• You gained a dependent or became a dependent due to the birth, adoption, or foster care placement.
• You gained a dependent through marriage or the establishment of a domestic partnership.
• You had a permanent move and either lost access to a plan, or gained access to a plan.
• Your Marketplace enrollment, or non-enrollment, was made due to an error by the Marketplace.
• You can demonstrate that you have exceptional circumstances.
• You or your spouse gained US Citizen status.
• You were married or divorced.
Enrollment must occur within 60 days of Qualifying Life Events .
If you need insurance, and believe you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, please contact me.
There are also plans that are not on the Marketplace that are available all year and may be a cost effective option for you depending upon your needs.